Yan has more than ten years of research experience in immunology, microbiology, cancer biology, and pharmaceutical sciences. She received her PhD in Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis at Emory University. Her PhD research primarily focused on exploring the mechanism that regulates immune response during cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, a virus that infects more than 80% of humans. She received her M.S. degree in Biochemistry at George Washington University, where she worked in a clinical lab running hookworm vaccine trials and exploring diagnostic markers for cancer and infectious diseases.
She previously interned at Emory University's Office of Technology Transfer, where she analyzed and summarized patent and non-patent publications and other public knowledge relevant to the invention disclosures in the areas of biotechnology, diagnostic tools, medical devices and small molecules. Yan also performed market analyses, which included identifying market size, competitors and potential licensees.
Yan is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Feng Y, Livingston-Rosanoff D, Roback L, Sundararajan A, Speck SH, Mocarski ES, Daley-Bauer LP. Remarkably intact antiviral immune response in mice with combined deficiency in Caspase-8 and RIPK3. J. Immunol 2018.
- Mandal P, Feng Y, Livingston-Rosanoff D, Roback L, Sundararajan A, Speck SH, Mocarski ES. Caspase-8 Collaborates with Caspase-11 to Drive Tissue Damage and Execution of Endotoxic Shock. Immunity 2018.
- Daley-Bauer LP, Roback L, Crosby L, McCormick AL, Feng Y, Kasier WJ, Mocarski ES. Mouse cytomegalovirus M36 and M45 death suppressors cooperate to prevent inflammation resulting from antiviral programmed cell death pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2017.
- Plieskatt J, Rinaldi G, Feng Y, Peng J, Yonglitthipagon P, Easley S, Laha T, Pairojkul C, Bhudhisawasdi V, Sripa B, Brindley P, Mulvenna J, Bethony J. Distant microRNA signatures associate with subtypes of cholangiocarcinoma from infection with the tumourigenic liver fluke Opisthorchis viverrini. J Hepatol 2014.
- Plieskatt JL, Rinaldi G, Feng Y, Levine PH, Easley S, Martinez E, Hashmi S, Sadeghi N, Brindley PJ, Bethony JM, Mulvenna JP. Methods and matrices: approaches to identifying microRNAs for nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Transl Med 2014.
- Plieskatt JL, Feng Y, Rinaldi G, Mulvenna JP, Bethony JM, Brindley PJ. Cirumventing qPCR inhibition to amplify microRNAs in plasma. Biomark Res 2014.
- Iordanskiy S, Waltke M, Feng Y, Wood C. Subtype-associated differences in HIV-1 reverse transcription affect the viral replication. Retroviology 2010.
- "Caspase-8 Restricts NK Cell and CD8 T Cell Expansion During Cytomegaalovirus Infection" Talk, SERV Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2018.
- "Caspase-8 Restricts NK cell-driven Antiviral CD8 T cell Accumulation" Poster, Keystone Symposium, Immunological Memory: Innate, Adaptive and Beyond, Austin, TX, 2018.
- "NK cell in Caspase8-deficient mice enhances virus-specific T cell accumulation" Talk, 14th Annual GDBBS DSAC Student Research Symposium, Atlanta, GA, 2017.
- "Environmental cues in Caspase8-deficient mice enhance virus-specific T cell expansion and terminal differentiation" Talk, SERV Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2016.
- "Caspase8 drives intestinal damage and executes endotoxic shock" Poster, 4th Annual Meeting of the International Cytokine and Interferon Society (ICIS), San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- "Environmental cues in Caspase8-deficient mice enhance virus-specific T cell expansion and terminal differentiation" Poster, AAI, Seattle, WA 2016.
- "Influence of Caspase8 on T cell Antiviral Response" Talk, Emory Vaccine Center, Atlanta, GA, 2015.
- "Caspase8 Affects Expansion, Contraction and Differentiation of Viral Specific CD8 T cell" Poster, Southeastern Immunology Symposium, Atlanta, GA, 2015.
- "Kaposi's Sarcoma Changes the Profile of Circulating MicroRNAs in HIV-1-Infected Patients" Poster, Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 2012.