Galit Levitin has more than 16 years' research experience in the chemistry and chemical engineering fields. Her background encompasses such diverse roles as a member of a managing team at an early-stage microelectronic company focused on developing core optical technology for Optical Broadband Communications, Research Scientist at Georgia Tech, and co-founder and Board Member of the Green Chamber of the South.
Galit has experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications for clients, including start-ups, universities, and multi-national corporations, in the technology areas of petrochemicals, chemical methods, chemical analysis, cellulose recovery, polymers, catalysts, nanotechnology, solar device manufacturing, flexible electronics, textile, batteries, carbonaceous materials, glass manufacturing, renewable energy, cosmetics, and plastics.
Galit has more than 30 scientific publications, including patent applications and granted patents, scientific papers, conference papers, and invited review chapters.
Galit is fluent in Hebrew and Russian.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Board Member, American-Israel Chamber of Commerce
Honors and Awards
- Environmental award by the Atlanta Business Chronicle in the Green Reach category
- 40 Under 40 Up and Comers Award by the Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Sam Nunn Fellowship
- Patent Agent, Ballard Spahr, LLP
- Research Scientist II, Georgia Tech
- Senior Process Engineer & Clean Room Manager, Whole-Optics Ltd.